taking the long way home. almost to the finish line.

Friday, July 27, 2007

Here I am, closing in on my final days of service. I feel a lot of pressure to give you witty and exciting updates from my life here. but really it would be a lot like you guys making some story of mass appeal from your day to day lives there. For example, I could tell a story about how I went to the store and bought some eggs. Or maybe a diet pepsi. It has really gotten to the point where perhaps going to safeway and staring down the aisles and aisles of everything I would ever need and more may be the most exciting story I have to tell. It certainly might have been the most interesting thing I did this week. but I will still try to amaze and amuse with my stories of life in the east.
We got our new group of volunteers. 2 have already gone home. In fact, as I type this I have three girls from the new group visiting my site. The most exciting thing I could think to do with them was make pancakes and go to the internet. but it seems that my evil plan is working and making them think I am at least decently cool. They seem a little more relaxed about the two years to come after talking to me. Yet I would venture a guess that they are horrified at what is to come in terms of hair and clothes. I am kind of like the ghost of Jordan future. It really is a bit intimidating how clean and well, clean they all are. And of course the gossip machine of Jordan is in full swing around here as we all meet and assess one another.
See? It literally isn’t anything to write home about. So, if there are any last minute topics that you would like me to say a little something about here, better get them to me quick!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only a few more blog posts left??? it's so sad...i hope you can fill us in more on your travel plans, and perhaps update the blog once you're in Africa...

7:32 AM

 
Blogger Hilary said...

just get to nairobi already!!!

2:03 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home